Doriți să reacționați la acest mesaj? Creați un cont în câteva clickuri sau conectați-vă pentru a continua.

Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED**

+3
Tbarbz
shadowslifer
[GM]Zei
7 participanți

In jos

Which is the better

Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED** I_vote_lcap61%Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED** I_vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]
Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED** I_vote_lcap39%Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED** I_vote_rcap 39% 
[ 7 ]

Total voturi : 18

Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED** Empty Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED**

Mesaj  [GM]Zei Mar Dec 09, 2008 8:01 am

I'm just wondering for the livechat.. we stay with chatango or you guys want to move to IRC. IRC server, channel are already up.

With IRC:
-Bot that help people when no theres ADMINS/GMS/MODS around *Beta v1.2*
-Simple private messages
-ADMINS/GMs/MODS can WARNKICK, KICK or BAN
-You easly see if theres an ADMIN/GM/MOD present on the channel
-Topic with server status
-Possibility to add addons/scripts to customize your chat experience
-No more anons
-You can change your nick
-Possibility to get a bnc (Bouncer that keeps you online even if you shutdown your comp and logs your messages) *Useful for ADMINS/GMs/MODS*

With CHATANGO:
-MODS can delete messages
-MODS can ban
-You can have a picture
-Nice looking

**IRC Updates**
-New logon panel
-Nickserv identify
-Fixed the connection problem with a Server Location chooser (Eat that Zecat <3)

Not sure? Try it LIVE!
Get live now on irc with our Java Applet

Wanna use a client? Don't worry! Theres a HowTo guide!:
1 - Get an IRC Client (direct link to download)
2 - Open it and fill the cases (Show Image)
3 - Connect to SwiftIRC (direct link to server/channel).
4 - Change your nickname using the command: /nick newname
5 - Register your nickname using the command: /nickserv register yourpassword youremail
6 - Check your emails and do what they ask you to
7 - Open tools / options (Show Image)
8 - On the option menu click Connect (Show Image)
9 - Click on options (Show Image)
10 - Click on perform
11 - Fill it to be like this *CHANGE THE PASSWORD ENTRY* (Show Image)
12 - Click okay on both windows
13 - Thats it, it looks hard but you'll only have to do it 1 time Smile

Ultima editare efectuata de catre [GM]zei in Lun Dec 15, 2008 4:15 pm, editata de 8 ori
[GM]Zei
[GM]Zei

http://www.wowbeez.com/vote

Sus In jos

Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED** Empty Re: Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED**

Mesaj  shadowslifer Mar Dec 09, 2008 4:54 pm

i like chatango. Very Happy
shadowslifer
shadowslifer

http://www.games-universe.net/gunz/

Sus In jos

Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED** Empty Re: Live Chat, IRC or Chatango **UPDATED**

Mesaj  [GM]Zei Mar Dec 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Chatango so painful on pms.. plus i developped a bot that helps ppl when no admin/gms/mods are around.. im about to think that i waisted alot of time on it...
[GM]Zei
[GM]Zei

Sus In jos

Mesaj  shadowslifer Mar Dec 09, 2008 6:10 pm

yes, if it gonna be a "serious" support chat is better irc, but if that chat is for the players to talk about wow, is better chatango Very Happy
shadowslifer
shadowslifer

Sus In jos

Mesaj  [GM]Zei Mar Dec 09, 2008 6:12 pm

because theres an website app to connect to it? Because IRC have it too Razz
[GM]Zei
[GM]Zei

Sus In jos

Mesaj  Tbarbz Mar Dec 09, 2008 8:56 pm

we alrdy have IRC and the full set up rdy to go, if we going to get chatango we need to get a new system and all for it.

Tbarbz

Sus In jos

Mesaj  shadowslifer Mar Dec 09, 2008 11:29 pm

STAFFzei a scris:because theres an website app to connect to it? Because IRC have it too Razz
ok, you like IRC. xD
chatango is for the funny page, or just like a normal chat. (we can tell that a "fast" chat Suspect )
shadowslifer
shadowslifer

Sus In jos

Mesaj  Eniu Mar Dec 09, 2008 11:52 pm

And Chatango doesn't support all keyboard setting (At least there's "problems" in Finnish and Swedish boards). Of course IRC looks so boring! but maybe colorfull chatting cheers atmosphere? Very Happy
Eniu
Eniu

Sus In jos

Mesaj  aargh Mier Dec 10, 2008 3:19 pm

well chatandgo is sluggish and buggy irc is old and well developed and very stable

my vote is irc

aargh

Sus In jos

Mesaj  RazorAce Mier Dec 10, 2008 9:41 pm

My vote is IRC as well as its more professional and suitable for a server chat, many more commands and options, less noobs and spam filter/floodfilter/ad-bot auto filter etc...maybe we could make smaller "rooms" or attached channels for guilds etc as it is hard to keep track in-game and give the option for guild leaders when in a guild raid to kick/slient annoying guildies...though most guilds aren't professional enough to achieve this...a vent would be nice though (though I'd have to buy a new mic, since my old one snapped...).
Anyways, I vote IRC...

RazorAce

Sus In jos

Mesaj  [GM]Zei Vin Dec 12, 2008 5:26 pm

im out till monday.. the bot will be back stronger around tuesday-wednesday
[GM]Zei
[GM]Zei

Sus In jos

Mesaj  Treehugger Vin Dec 12, 2008 10:11 pm

honestly for ingame voice chat i prefer xfire. it's much easier to set up. has a smaller ingame footprint and the voice activation is less buggy than vent. alas i have the same problem w/ a broken mic. i ran over the redicioulsy long cord on my headset w/ my chair n the hair thin wires are impossible to splice lol.
Treehugger
Treehugger

Sus In jos

Mesaj  [GM]Zei Sam Dec 13, 2008 4:10 am

Treehugger a scris:honestly for ingame voice chat i prefer xfire. it's much easier to set up. has a smaller ingame footprint and the voice activation is less buggy than vent. alas i have the same problem w/ a broken mic. i ran over the redicioulsy long cord on my headset w/ my chair n the hair thin wires are impossible to splice lol.

Erm....Chatango, IRC, IRC, Chatango Xfire = *BSOD*
[GM]Zei
[GM]Zei

Sus In jos

Mesaj  RazorAce Sam Dec 13, 2008 3:14 pm

I have Xfire but its buggy when playing on private server, in fact if I played on WoWBeez and ran Xfire (which I did for some time) it crashes once every 5 mins O.O T.T So I gave up on Xfire mostly ever since they became "anti private servering".

RazorAce

Sus In jos

Mesaj  Continut sponsorizat

Continut sponsorizat

Sus In jos

Sus

Permisiunile acestui forum:
Nu puteti raspunde la subiectele acestui forum